Both capellini and spinach cook very quickly, making this a great weeknight dinner idea.
Serves 3 (entree size) or 5 (side dish)
- 1/2 a box of capellini pasta
- 1 container Buitoni pesto sauce (or your favorite type)
- Portabello mushrooms (2 large caps, or a package of baby portabello mushrooms)
- 2-3 T. pine nuts
- Baby spinach
- Handful of sun-dried tomatoes
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
Start a large pot of water boiling for the capellini.
Peel and wash mushrooms, remove stems, and break into small pieces. When pasta water is almost boiling, begin sautéing mushrooms in a bit of olive oil in a separate large sauce pan. Add a handful of sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts. When the mushrooms are almost soft/heated through, add large handfuls of baby spinach and cook until the spinach is just wilted. Turn heat to low/warm.
Cook capellini for 2-4 minutes, or according to package directions. Drain pasta and add it to the spinach saucepan. Add pesto sauce and mix well. Serve topped with parmesan, pine nuts, and salt/pepper to taste. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it below: